Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Metalsploitation - The Return......

Don't ask why but I was trying to remember what the Carmine Appice ("Appa-see")  led fluff rock band, King Kobra sounded like. Among the thing I stumbed upon in my results was this primo Metalsploitation clip from McAllen, Texas circa 1986. I completely forgot that W.A.S.P. toured with Duh Nuge much less King Kobra. Though the latter situation makes sense as King Kobra's Johnny Rod played bass on W.A.S.P.'s not that good "Inside the Electric Circus" album. Here's more rock n' shock from the age of the P.M.R.C. 5 Alive has this report...



A day before the show, McAllen went wild for King Kobra. Check @ 1:56 when one of the band members doesn't recognize the guitar in one of their own songs.

These guys also have an amazingly awful video with Louis Gossett Jr. for the movie Iron Eagle that just screams "make me a meme!"

No comments: